GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV)- With Lent 2020 right around the corner, it’s time to get excited for annual fish fry Fridays!
Whether or not you participate in Lent, check out the places in West Michigan offering amazing deals on delicious fish dinners. Let us know if we missed one!
SS Cyril & Methodius Catholic Church, 159 131st Ave., Wayland
- Friday Nights: Feb. 28, March 6, 13, 20 and 27. April 3; 5-7pm
- Cost: Adults $11, Kids 6-11 $6 and Kids 5 and under Free
- Menu: All You Can Eat Buffet
- Fried pollock, baked cod, fries, baked potatoes, mac n cheese, slaw, veggie, roll, drink and dessert.
- Take-out available at one price, $10 each.
Wayland VFW Post 7581, 735 S. Main Street, Wayland
- Friday nights, January 31-April 10; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: Dine in $10 adults, $5 children 5-12, FREE for children 4 & under. All take-out meals: $10.
- Menu: All you can eat fish, potatoes, rolls, coleslaw, and jello.
Red’s Sports Bar & Grill, 661 S. Broadway, Middleville
- Fridays, currently running. (No end date); 5-9 p.m.
- Cost: $10.99
- Menu: All you can eat fish fry. Sides include fries and coleslaw.
St. Philip Roman Catholic, 112 Capital Avenue, Battle Creek
- Fridays, February 28-April 3; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: $10 adults, $5 children 12& under, $25 family of 4-5.
- Menu: Fish and fixings.
St. Joseph Catholic Church, 936 Lake St., Kalamazoo
- Fridays, February 28-April 3; 4-7 p.m.
- Cost: $9 adults, $5 children, under 5 years old free! Cash bar available
- Menu: Fried and baked cod, French fries, coleslaw, beverages, and fish chowder.
American Legion Post 47; 3811 West River Dr., Comstock Park
- Friday nights, starting February 28-April 10; 4:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: All-you-can-eat meals. Adults: $8, Kids 6-12: $5, Kids under 5: Free
- Menu: Fried Alaskan pollock, fries, coleslaw, bread & butter, dessert, coffee and milk. Other beverages available for purchase. Carry-out available.
American Legion Post 179; 2327 Wilson Ave. SW, Grand Rapids
- Friday nights, February 28-April 10; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: $10 adults, $5 children 6-12, FREE for children 5 & under.
- Menu: All-you-can-eat Alaskan pollock or smelt, with coleslaw, french fries & dinner roll. For the non-fish lovers, chicken tenders are available for a single serving.
American Legion Post 305, 9548 Cherry Valley Ave. SE, Caledonia
- Fridays, February 28-April 10; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: $11 adults, $5 children
- Menu: Cod baked three different ways: baked, battered, and beer battered. Buffet includes fries, coleslaw, homemade bread, and an ice cream bar.
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church, 6390 Belmont Ave NE, Belmont
- February 28, March 6, 13, 20, 27 & April 3- 4:30-7:00pm
- Cost: $10 adults, $8 seniors. $5 children ages 6-12, children 5 and under free! $30 family/household of 5+
- Menu: Fried Pollock or Baked Cod; Green beans, cole slaw or applesauce; French fries or Mac & Cheese; Lemonade, Ice water, coffee & hot tea are included
- Green beans and a beverage is not included in to go dinners!
Birch Lodge, 732 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids
- “Perch at the Birch” every Friday 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Cost: $10.99 single portion, $14.99 all-u-can-eat
- Menu: Perch, cod, smelt & popcorn shrimp, and comes with beer battered fries.
Blessed Sacrament Parish Family Center, 2275 Diamond Ave. NE, Grand Rapids
- Friday nights, February 28-April 3; 4:45-7:00 p.m.
- Cost: adult fish: $9, adult pasta: $6, Children’s dinner: $4, FREE for children 3 & under.
- Menu: Alaskan Cod (baked or fried) or pasta (meatless tomato or butter sauce), with a breadstick, drink, and choice of two sides. Sides: french fries, baked potato, applesauce, coleslaw or salad. Drinks: lemonade and water.
Fish Lads, Downtown Market, 435 Ionia Ave SW, Grand Rapids
- Every Friday, open until 8 p.m.
- Cost: $18.99 for adults, $8.99 for children 12 and under.
- Menu: all-you-can-eat fish, chips, and coleslaw.
Holy Trinity Catholic Church; 1304 Alpine Church Road NW, Comstock Park
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. each Friday from February 28-April 3
- Cost: Adults $10, seniors $9, children 4-12 $5, and 3 & under are free
- Menu: Baked or fried fish, baked potato or french fries, homemade macaroni and cheese, green beans, coleslaw, fresh bread, and water & lemonade
- Assorted pops are available for $1 a can and a variety of desserts are available for a goodwill offering.
Knights of Columbus #3104; 1140 Muskegon Ave., Grand Rapids
- Fridays, February 28-April 10; 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $10 adults, $5 children 12 & under, $3 children 5 & under.
- Menu: All you can eat fried fish, french fries, green beans, slaw, and bread.
- *adult beverages available
Knights of Columbus #7719 St. Mary’s Church, 402 Amity Street, Lowell
- Fridays, February 28- April 3; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: Dine in or take out, $8 for adults & children 13 & up, $4 for children 12 & under, $25 for families
- Menu: All you can eat baked & fried cod, mac & cheese, fries, coleslaw, applesauce, cornbread, juice, coffee. In addition, a frozen pasty’s sale ($5 each) will also be held at the dinner provided by Viki’s Bridge Street Pasty Shop in Saranac.
Kosciuszko Hall; 935 Park St. SW, Grand Rapids, 49504
- Friday nights beginning February 28, 4:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: $8
- Menu: changes weekly
Lake Michigan Sports Bar, 4072 Lake Michigan Dr. NW, Walker
- Starting February 26, every day from 5-9 p.m.
- Cost and Menu: Fish burger: $8.99, all you can eat fish: $8.99, grilled fish with garlic bread & salad: $8.99, shrimp basket: $6.99, fish sandwich: $7.99
Marne Lions Annual Lenten Fish Fry, Interurban Depot Cafe, 1580 Arch St., Marne
- Friday nights, February 14 – April 10; 5- 8 p.m.
- Cost: $10 adults, $5 children, dine in or carry out.
- Menu: All-U-Can Eat Fish, served with fries & coleslaw…OR…Large beef and bean burrito with tortilla chips. All meals include a beverage and dessert.
- In addition to the Lions Club event, the Interurban cafe offers a lunch special every Friday for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. year-round. It includes fried or baked fish, French fries or baked potato and coleslaw for $7.95, the lunch special does not include a drink or dessert.
St. Alphonsus Parish Center Cafeteria, 224 Carrier St. NE, Grand Rapids
- Friday, February 28- April 3; 4:30-7:00 p.m.
- Parish Center Cafeteria – please use barrier free entrance
- Cost: $11 adults, $10 seniors, $5 children 4-12, FREE for children under 3.
- Menu: Baked or fried walleye, French fries or baked potato, mac & cheese, coleslaw, beverages, desserts, grilled cheese sandwiches (dine in for kids).
Saint Isidore Catholic Church Gym, 625 Spring Ave NE
- Fridays February 28-April 3; 4:30-7:00pm
- Cost: $10 adults, $9.50 seniors, $5.00 children ages 5-12, children 4 and under eat free!
- Menu: Baked or fried Alaskan Pollock, French fries or baked potato, cole slaw or applesauce, homemade mac & cheese, roll, dessert, lemonade, water, and coffee!
Take outs are available!
St. John Vianney Village Hall, 4101 Clyde Park Ave SW, Wyoming
- Friday nights, February 28– April 3; 4:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: $10 adults, $9 for seniors (age 60 and over), $5 for children age 5-12. FREE for children 4 & under.
- Menu: All-you-can-eat fried Pollack, baked Icelandic cod, baked potato or fries, coleslaw, roll, drink and ice cream. Macaroni and cheese available for children. Take out available.
St. Jude Catholic Church, 1120 4 Mile Rd. Ne Grand Rapids MI 49525
- Fridays of Lent February 28-April 3; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: $10 for adults, $30 family rate. Kids 6-12 $5, free for ages 5 and under.
- Menu includes: All-you-can-eat fish (baked or fried), French fries, coleslaw, mac and cheese, vegetables, clam chowder and wild rice.
St. Paul’s Church, 2560 Lake Michigan Dr. NW, Grand Rapids
- Friday nights, March 13, 20, & 27; 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: $9 adults, $5 children.
- Menu: Alaskan pollock, fries, coleslaw, rolls and butter, homemade desserts.
St Paul the Apostle, 2750 Burton Grand Rapids, MI
- February 28, March 13 & 27; 5-7p.m.
- Cost: $10 Adults, $9 Senior, $5 kids’ mac n cheese
- Menu: A twist on the traditional fish fry: Baja Fish Tacos, fried mahi mahi on corn tortillas, make-your-own taco with numerous toppings. Rice and refried beans. Water, coffee, and lemonade. Dessert and cash/credit bar available.
- Online reservation to skip the line: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0c4eadaf22a3f94-baja
West Catholic High School, 1801 Bristol NW, Grand Rapids, MI
- Friday nights, February 28-March 27 4:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: Adults $10, seniors and students $8, kids $5, kids 5 and under FREE, other dinners including Mac & cheese and cheese pizza $5
- Menu: Choose from famous fried lake perch, fried shrimp, perch and shrimp combo, baked salmon, or fried walleye. Sides include fries/baked potato, garlic toast, coleslaw, dessert and beverage.
Christ the King Church, 9596 N. Reed Road, Howard City
- Fridays, February 28-April 3; 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $10 adults, $4 children 6-12, FREE for children 5 & under, $35 per family of 4.
- Menu: Fried and baked pollock, French fries, mac & cheese, green beans, salad bar, dinner roll, and drink.
Muskegon Catholic Central, 1145 Laketon Ave., Muskegon
- Fridays, February 28- April 3; 4:30-7 p.m.
- March 20 and March 27th tickets must be purchased in advance!
- Cost: $12 adults; $10 seniors, $5 for children ages 5-12 years old, $30 family of 2 adults and 2 children, $35 family of 2 adults and 3-4 children.
- Menu: Choice of perch, fried shrimp, or combo; cheese pizza or macaroni & cheese. All sides include French fries or baked potato, homemade coleslaw, dessert, applesauce, and a beverage. Ala Carte: Doo Drop-in Onion Rings $8.
- Takeout is available, credit cards are accepted, and proceeds support Muskegon Catholic Central.
Knights of Columbus, 2915 Fairfield St., Norton Shores
- Fridays, Feb. 7- March 27; 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Cost: $11 adults, $9 seniors
- Menu: Choice of perch, shrimp, walleye, or combination.
St. James Catholic Church, 5149 Dowling St., Montague
- Fridays, February 28- April 3; 4:30-7 p.m.
- Cost: $12.50 adults, $6 children 5-12 years old (kids mac and cheese $4), children under 5 years old free.
- Menu: Choice of perch, walleye, shrimp, salmon, or haddock served with baked potatoes or French fries, coleslaw or applesauce, dinner roll & dessert, and choice of coffee or juice.
Grand Haven Eagles Aerie 925, 20 N. Second St., Grand Haven
- Year-round Friday night’s 5-8 p.m.
- Cost: $9 small plate $11 entree.
- Menu: Perch, pollock, shrimp, and chicken dinners with baked potato, fries, or onion rings, slaw, and a roll.
Hog Wild BBQ, 154 W Lakewood Blvd, Holland
- Friday nights, March – April; 4-8 p.m.
- Cost: $8.99
- Menu: ½ lb. fried fish, side, hush puppies.
Van Buren County
Jimmy’s Roadhouse Bar & Grill, 38138 W Red Arrow Hwy., Paw Paw
- Friday nights
- Cost: $12.99
- Menu: All-you-can-eat fish fry.
Did we miss one? Email your fish fry details (location, dates/times, cost, and menu) to firstname.lastname@example.org.