When friends and family visit over the holidays, think bulky coats, sweaters and boots that will need to find a home. You want to make their stay as comfortable as possible – so here are 5 tips for getting holiday guest ready.
- CLEAN UP YOUR DOORWAY
- Before your guests arrive, make sure your sidewalk/entryway is swept or shoveled of snow and your entryway is free of clutter and organized.
- MAKE ROOM IN YOUR CLOSET OR COAT RACK
- Remove your families coats, etc., that you know you won’t be needing and put them somewhere easily accessible for YOU.
- If necessary, rent an extra coat rack if you’re really short on space.
- STOCK UP ON GUEST SUPPLIES
- Now is a great time to stock up on pretty essentials for your guests and keep them readily available in the guest bath or bedroom.
- THINK STORAGE
- Take inventory and invest in more storage if necessary; guests really don’t like living out of their suitcase.
- So make sure there is enough drawer and closet space for the duration.
- Even a pretty basket will work.
- CREATE A MINI NECESSITIES STATION
- This is a nice touch to make your guests feel more comfortable.
- Be inspired by YOUR favorite things from a hotel stay
- Can include lotions, shampoo, conditioner, candles, maybe even a little coffee and/or water bar.
Hosting visiting friends and family can be a lot of fun. You get to spend time with those you love and show off all of your stylish decorations, but it can also be stressful if you’re not prepared.