GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV)- When it comes to fashion, one rule to keep in mind is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to look and feel like a million bucks! If you’re seeking an inexpensive yet stylish new item to add to your wardrobe, then try this simple DIY skirt!
In 4 quick and easy steps, you can create a super cute skirt using any men’s button-down shirt!
So, ladies, this means that you can take a trip into your significant other’s or a guy friend’s closet, or better yet, stop by any one of The GoodWill’s stores to find the perfect men’s top to transform into a masterpiece!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Button-down long-sleeved shirt
- Fabric scissors
- Fabric tape
1. First, cut the button-down shirt straight across the arms
2. Next, turn the shirt inside out and fold it over about an inch and a half
3. Then, iron the fold and attach it to the skirt with fabric tape. Be sure to also leave enough room to feed a ribbon through
4. Finally, cinch the fabric and tie it to fit to your liking!
This crew tip is sponsored by, The Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids.