GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - "Code blue” is a term used at Mel Trotter Ministries to describe the most extreme winter conditions in West Michigan, when temperatures fall significantly and stay below freezing over a period of time - putting men, women and children who are exposed to the elements at severe risk of hypothermia, frost bite or even death.
During this time, the Mel Trotter Ministries staff take extra precautions to ensure our homeless neighbors are safe, warm and know the love of Jesus Christ... but we need your help to make sure we can provide supplies for everyone who needs help this winter.
Winter Warm Up List
New or like new items for men, women & children. All ages and sizes.
- Hand warmers (new only)
- Winter coats
- Waterproof winter boots
- Hats (Please no handmade hats)
- Wool or fleece socks
- Long underwear
You may collect any of the items requested above and drop them off at any of the Code Blue drop-off sites listed below. Look for the blue barrels that say “Code Blue Drive”.
- Spartan Stores YMCA (5722 Metro Way, Wyoming, MI 49519)
- Lowell YMCA (1335 W Main St, Lowell, MI 49331)
- Visser Family YMCA (3540 Fairlanes Ave SW, Grandville, MI 49418)
- The B.O.B (20 Monroe Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503)
- Bluewater Grill (5180 Northland Dr NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525)
- Rose's Restaurant (550 Lakeside Dr SE, East Grand Rapids, MI 49506)
- Bostwick Lake Inn (8521 Belding Road NE, Rockford, MI 49341)
- Mel Trotter Ministries downtown (225 Commerce Avenue SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503)
- Mel Trotter Ministries Thrift Stores (7500 Cottonwood Drive, Jenison, MI 49428)
- Mel Trotter Ministries Thrift Stores (538 S. State Street, Sparta, MI 49345)
- David D. Hunting YMCA (475 Lake Michigan Dr NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504)
- Mary Free Bed YMCA (5500 Burton St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49546)
- Wolverine Worldwide Family YMCA (6555 Jupiter Ave NE, Belmont, MI 49306)
Have questions that weren't answered here? Call Becky Emmert at 616-454-8249 ext. 288 or email@example.com.
About Abbey Sladick
Abbey Sladick is the WOTV 4 Women advocate focusing on community outreach. Abbey is the Vice President of Communication at Mel Trotter Ministries where she teaches the community about poverty, homelessness, and provides ways to get involved to help better the lives in West Michigan.