One of the latest and greatest beauty secrets to garner increasing attention is Coconut Oil and it deserves every bit of interest it gets. These oils are fantastic for hair, skin and nail health. As a matter of fact, some would say “if there ever was a beauty cure-all, its coconut oil.” I am a huge fan because this oil has a long shelf life and many health benefits.
Coconut oil is my favorite Jill of all trades because it can treat dandruff, condition strands, tame frizz and prevent hair damage. It can also can heal skin, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, remove make-up and hydrate dry skin. Coconut Oil also makes for an effective cuticle treatment, helping to moisturize nail beds and prevent peeling.
Coconut Oil is miraculous in many ways… Here are ten incredible uses for this amazing natural ingredient I found listed online. Check it out:
1. Makeup Remover: Even the most resistant waterproof mascara doesn’t stand a chance against coconut oil. Apply it directly to the face as an oil cleanser, or let it sit on your skin with a cotton pad. Makeup will melt away.
2. Breath Freshener: Coconut oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. Gargling for 20 minutes with a spoonful of oil (AKA oil pulling) can help clear up germs in the mouth, leading to fresher breath, whiter teeth, and healthier gums.
3. Lice Remedy: Start this all-natural lice treatment with a rinse of apple cider vinegar. Once the vinegar has dried, apply coconut oil to the entire head and let it sit for 12 to 24 hours. Brush through hair with a fine comb, then shampoo.
4. Body Moisturizer: Sweet-smelling coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, making it an effective moisturizer, and it absorbs quickly, explains cosmetic chemist Ni’Kita Wilson. That’s really key, because it means that the oil makes your skin look more glowy than lotion-y — which is why it’s a favorite of models like Frida Gustavsson, who has worked with Dior, Chanel, and Valentino. “It makes your skin soft and radiant,” she told Allure.
5. Face Moisturizer: Just as you can use it on your body, you can use coconut oil on your face to moisturize your skin. It’s particularly effective as a primer to soften the skin before applying makeup. It’ll give you a glowy, dewy look after you apply your foundation.
6. Makeup Brush Cleaner: Cleaning your makeup brushes should be a monthly ritual. You can use a DIY cleanser that’s two parts antibacterial soap and one part coconut oil.
7. Lip Balm: Coconut oil is the ideal remedy for chapped lips especially because it’s semisolid at room temperature. Pack a bit in a miniature jar and smooth over lips throughout the day.
8. Tinted Lip Gloss: Take your coconut oil lip balm to the next level by turning it into tinted gloss. It’s as simple as you might imagine: mix up coconut oil with bits of an old lipstick, or combine coconut oil with a berry-flavored Koolaid or Emergen-C packet.
9. Undereye Cream: Don’t want to spend the extra money on eye cream? Use a dab of coconut oil on undereye bags and fine lines. It’s light enough for the most delicate skin on your face.
10. Body Scrub: Mix half a cup of coconut oil with a handful of coarse salt or sugar to create an exfoliator. The moisturizing oil will last long after the grains have melted away.
Now that’s quite the list. Because coconut oil is naturally antibacterial, antifungal, and moisturizing, many women swear by its use as a nighttime moisturizer for their face, too. And the list just goes on and on for this holy grail of beauty oils.
If these gains encourage you to add coconut oil to your beauty routine, look for extra virgin which retains more of its beneficial properties.
I do hope this is some beauty news… you can use! Thanks for reading!