Looking for some family fun this weekend? Check out Maranda’s guide to free and affordable West Michigan family fun!
Bundle up for an outdoor adventure and be our guest in the Lena Meijer Children’s Garden for an afternoon of wintry fun for all ages! We’ll have plenty of hot chocolate to keep you warm and loads of activities to keep you busy:
• Observe a sculptor transform a block of ice into an amazing piece of ice art
• Create an ice sculpture to add to our colorful Outdoor Ice Sculpture Gallery!
• Create an eco-friendly mosaic with seeds on a bird feeder
• Discover fascinating facts about nocturnal animals on a naturalist walk
Fee: Included with admission
Saturday at 7pm vs Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
Anthony Manthna Bobblehead Giveaway
Third Annual Comic Book Giveaway
Post-game open skate
USA Curling’s National Championships will make a return to Kalamazoo, Mich., for the third time as the 2019 Nationals will take place at Wings Event Center.
The weeklong national event features the top men’s and women’s teams in the country and helps determine Team USA for the subsequent World Championships.
Merlin’s beard! For one bewitching afternoon, the museum is transforming into an enchanting destination for witches and wizards to explore! Join us for a day of hands-on activities, including:
- Design and test your own miniature flying broomstick
- Construct a wand and practice casting spells
- Experiment with performing magic tricks and illusions
- Explore magical lore through history with a scavenger hunt through our galleries
- Practice your penmanship with quill pens
- And much more!
All activities will take place throughout the day, so come and go as you please. Feel free to come dressed as your favorite witch, wizard, or magical creature.
Sat, February 9
31 West 10th Street