GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - ArtPrize 10 is a great time to take the family to see art in and around Grand Rapids, and it's also a great way to get your family moving! Our friends at Priority Health have some tips to make it a healthy and enjoyable experience.
Enjoy Yoga at the GRAM
Enjoy free yoga on Thursday evenings at Yoga on the GRAM. Yoga is a fun activity for the whole family. All levels are welcome to join Vinyasa-style yoga classes with AM Yoga.
Create your own scavenger hunt
Get to know the art and the city by creating your own scavenger hunt! Need some inspiration?
- Look for artwork featuring animals
- Look for anything with the color orange
- Look for art featuring the word "love"
Count your steps
The ArtPrize District covers three square miles of downtown Grand Rapids.
Curious about how many steps it takes to get around? Here are a few examples:
- 1,138 steps from the Grand Rapids Art Museum to the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum
- 1,265 steps from the ArtPrize HUB/HQ to Founders Brewing Co.
- 896 steps from the UICA to the Blue Bridge
- 1,199 steps from the Devos Performance Hall to New Holland Brewery (The Knickerbocker)
Walk a Pantone Pathway
Presented by X-Rite Pantone, each Pantone Pathway highlight the artwork around the city by winding through unique neighborhoods and the venues that you won’t want to miss.
Pick a color and walk on! Find where each Pathway is by visiting your local Nieghborhood HUB where volunteers can direct you.