Bringing kids to the farmers market can be a fun way to get them excited about eating healthy and enjoy time with the family.
Here are some tips from our friends at Priority Health to make the most of the experience:
- Give everyone their own shopping bag so they can help pick out the fruits and vegetables that they will enjoy
- Let older kids help purchase items by giving them a little cash to spend
- Shop by color! Every color includes a variety of nutrients and creates a beautiful rainbow display on the dinner table
- Learn about the produce you are purchasing! Ask the farmers questions or look up facts when you get home
- Download this FREE farmers market guide activity book for kids