GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) – Halloween is a great time to get the kids involved with helping make delicious treats! Since Halloween is all about the sweet treats and candy, Milk Means More joined me to talk about healthy and nutritious, yet still delicious snacks to make with the kids this Halloween!
- Cheese sticks
- Pretzel sticks
- Raisins or mini chocolate chips, optional
Instructions: Stick pretzel sticks into cheese sticks as legs and antennae. Use raisins or chocolate chips for eyes
- 8 ounces of milk (2%, skim, your choice!)
- 1 container low-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup apple cider
- 6 spinach leaves
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 pear
- 1 avocado
Instructions: In a blender, combine milk, yogurt, apple cider, spinach, banana, pear, and avocado. Blend until smooth
Tiger Tail Parfaits
- 3 containers orange cream yogurt
- 16 oz low-fat pudding
- Orange food coloring, optional
- 1 up crushed chocolate wheat squares, chocolate rice cereal, or chocolate graham crackers
Instructions: Layer yogurt and pudding in a bowl ending with yogurt layer. Add orange food coloring if desired. Sprinkled crushed cereal on top.
Mini Clown Pizzas
- 6 whole grain English muffins
- 1 cup pizza sauce/spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups low-fat shredded Mozzarella
- Sliced olives, green onions, carrots, peppers (whatever toppings you desire)
Ingredients: Slice English muffins in half, top with pizza sauce and sprinkle cheese. Decorate with toppings however you want. Heat in microwave or oven until cheese melts.
I hope you and your family have a great Halloween, Where You Live!