It’s time to head back out of the house and get everything you need for The Big Game this Sunday. Maranda got a chance to stop by the Meijer Test Kitchens at Grid70 to get some great ideas for serving up family and friends.
Roasted Poblano Street Corn Dip
- 5 ears of fresh sweet corn, cut off the cob
- 2 fresh poblano peppers
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped fine
- ½ cup chopped cilantro plus 2 tbsp
- 1 8oz package of Meijer cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup queso fresco, crumbled
- ½ cup Meijer sour cream
- ¼ cup Meijer mayonnaise
- ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Tajin Clasico* seasoning
- Roast the poblano peppers over a flame or under the broiler until completely charred. Place in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to steam for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Carefully peel the charred skin off of the peppers, remove the seeds and chop finely. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise and blend until smooth.
- Fold in corn, roasted poblanos, half of the green onions, jalapenos, the ½ cup of cilantro and chili powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into an 8×8 glass baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
Remove from oven and garnish with remaining green onion, queso fresco, 2 tbsp cilantro and Tajin Clasico* seasoning.
- 1 Meijer refrigerated pizza dough
- ½ cup Meijer salsa verde
- 1 cup cooked Meijer hot chorizo, cooked
- ½ cup frozen (thawed) sweet corn
- 1 cup Meijer shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tbsp slices jalapenos (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out refrigerated pizza dough on ungreased baking sheet according to package directions.
- Spread salsa verde on top as you would pizza sauce.
- Top with chorizo, sweet corn, cheese and jalapenos.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with cilantro, slice into bite size pieces and enjoy!
Sweet Tea Chicken Wings with Collard Green Kimchi
- 24 Chicken Wings
- 6 cups Meijer Sweet Tea
- 2 pounds Collard Greens, washed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ¼ cup Korean Chili Flakes
- 1/8 cup Fish Sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup Ginger, minced
- 1 tbl Garlic, minced
- 2 tbl Honey
- 1 cup Daikon Radish, cut in matchsticks
- 1 cup Carrot, cut in matchsticks
- 4 each Green Onion, minced
- Vegetable oil as needed
For the Chicken Wings
- Place wings in a container or zip top bag and pour the sweet tea over, marinade in the refrigerator overnight
- Next day, drain the wings and pat dry with paper towels
- Preheat oven to 375˚
- In a large sauté pan add enough oil to come up ¼ inch, place on medium low heat
- When the oil is hot, working in batches, brown the wings until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side then transfer to a baking sheet
- Bake the wings for 10 minutes or until cooked through
For the Collard Green Kimchi:
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, cook the collard greens for 1 minute then strain and press out as much water as possible
- Combine the collard greens with the Korean Chili Flakes, Fish Sauce, Ginger, Garlic, Honey, Daikon Radish, Carrot and Green Onion, thoroughly mix together
- Place in Glass Jars and marinade overnight
Place a layer of Kimchi on a large platter and the lay the hot chicken wings overtop