Everyone loves a great adventure, especially kids! Set a date with you kids once a month to plan an outing together. Book it on the family calendar and make it a top priority. Here are a few ideas for free and affordable adventures to plan Where You Live:
- Visit a new playground and simply play together. Leave the phone in the car.
- Head to the library and do a parent/child program together.
- Let your child find a recipe they want to try on-line, shop for the ingredients together and then head in the kitchen to create!
- Visit your local YMCA or Aquatic Center and spend time in the pool!
- Have you tried Geocaching? It’s a great, free way to get out and explore!
- Look for ways to volunteer together. Help sort food at a pantry, clean up a park, help at an animal shelter.
- Make a mini-movie together. Select a theme, write a script and get creative!
- Find an ice cream shop you’ve never visited before and make it a destination date!
- Get active together! Train for a 5K Walk or a 5K run together.
- Empower your child to plan one of the adventures. Set a few guidelines like budget, distance, etc. and spend time together put the plan in place!
We’d love to see what adventures you and your family take over the upcoming months! Send photos of the fun to: Maranda@woodtv.com