GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV) - It is better to give than to receive.
You can experience the gift of giving this holiday season by helping your kids think beyond their own wish list.
Consider participating in our Salvation Army Angel Tree project. The Angel Tree toy drive reaches thousands of local children every year by collecting toys to brighten their holiday.
How do you do it? It’s easy!
- Find a participating Angel Tree Location. Organizations and businesses can still register to host an Angel Tree here.
- Pick a tag. Let your child select a tag from the tree, preferably a tag that belongs to a child their own age, so they can make it personal.
- Go shopping. Take your child shopping to select the toy themselves and think about what the child would like to receive.
- Write a note. Maybe even encourage them to write a thoughtful note or draw a picture.
- Drop it off. Simply deliver the gifts by dropping them off at any participating Angel Tree site.
To make this even more meaningful, visit the Salvation Army website with your child and discover and discuss the various ways they are helping families Where You Live!