GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. - We are thrilled to welcome Kellogg Community Credit Union as our newest "Live Local-Give Local" community partner. KCCU is a staple in the West Michigan community, and works to give back to so many organizations throughout the region. KCCU is a full-service financial institution serving families for decades and they are a member-owned financial institution, which means every member owns a share of the credit union.
It all began in 1941, when 12 Kellogg Company employees contributed $5 each and applied for a charter, forming a credit union to serve the financial needs of Kellogg Company employees and retirees in Battle Creek. Today, they’re pleased to be a community credit union and are able to offer their services to anyone who lives in West Michigan!
Each year, Kellogg Community Credit Union gives back to the community, and the people who live there. Here are just a few of the ways KCCU is making an impact...
- United Way - KCCU and its employees generously donated $25,000 to the United Way of the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo Region! In addition, they also sponsored the 3rd quarter Education campaign providing funds for their education initiative and the United Way’s car sweepstakes. KCCU also hosted a diaper drive, pop-up giving event, and a book drive to benefit United Way partners.
- Annual Coat Drives are held for the Charitable Union, Marshall Area Community Services (MACS), and Salvation Army, this past year KCCU collected nearly 500 coats for those in need.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Toy Drive – In 2018 KCCU staff and members donated nearly 500 new toys for children in our community.
- Food Drive and Shred day – KCCU hosted a Community Shred Day and Food Drive and collected nearly 600 lbs of food for the Food Bank of South Central Michigan. Plus 49 trees were saved with the amount of paper that was shredded.
- Scholarships – KCCU awards five $1000 scholarships a year to their members who are attending Michigan colleges/universities or trade schools. 2019 marks the 31st year of these scholarships and KCCU has awarded roughly $155,000 in scholarships.
KCCU also provide support and donations to additional local charities and non-profit organizations such as the American Cancer Society, Children’s Miracle Network, Bronson Children’s Hospital, MRC Industries, YMCA, local homeless shelters, various back to school to school supply and backpack drives, Youth Foster Care and many more worthy organizations.
KCCU employees also enjoy volunteering. In 2018 KCCU team members volunteered over 700 hours in the various communities they serve.