Monday, 13 new Dancing With the Stars contestants laced up their dancing shoes in hopes of impressing the judges. Sadly, not all succeeded, but everyone certainly had fun.
Before the series premiere, we had a chance to sit down and chat with Joe Amabile aka “Grocery Store Joe” and Mary Lou Retton about their journey thus far.
Joe discussed life after The Bachelor, his relationship with Kendall, and what to expect on the ballroom floor.
Whereas with Mary Lou Retton, we were able to talk about her success as not only an athlete but as a female! Did you know she was the 1st female Olympic gold medalist in Gymnastics, and 1st woman ever to be on the cover of a wheaties box? How cool!
>>> Take a look in the video above.
DWTS week one, night one scores:
- Mary Lou Retton and Sasha Farber: 19/30
- Milo Manheim and Witney Carson: 20/30
- Evanna Lynch and Keo Motsepe: 18/30
- Danelle Umstead and Artem Chigvintsev: 18/30
- Bobby Bones and Sharna Burgess: 20/30
- Juan Pablo Di Pace and Cheryl Burke: 22/30
- Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko: 17/30
- Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten: 21/30
- John Schneider and Emma Slater: 18/30
- Tinashe and Brandon Armstrong: 23/30
- Nancy McKeon and Val Chmerkovskiy: 18/30
- Joe Amabile and Jenna Johnson: 14/30
- DeMarcus Ware and Lindsay Arnold: 23/30
Although Joe scored last in the judging panel, he scored #1 in our hearts!
Joe, if you’re reading this, stick to the produce aisle.
DWTS week one, night two scores:
The 5 couples in jeopardy battled it out…
Mary Lou Retton and Sasha Farber: 21/30
Danelle Umstead and Artem Chigvintsev: 18/30
Nikki Glaser and Gleb Savchenko: 18/30
Alexis Ren and Alan Bersten: 23/30
Nancy McKeon and Val Chmerkovskiy: 21/30
Who was eliminated week one on DWTS?
They gave everything they had, but sadly it wasn’t enough. Goodbye Nikki and Gleb!!
Catch more of Dancing With the Stars Monday and Tuesday nights on #MyABCWOTV4.