GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) – We want to take you on a tasty tour next, and this time it’s a Culinary Expedition to the Mediterranean! Chef Elizabeth set the table for us. Ingredients and directions below.
Introduction: Quick, simple and easy to make. The perfect dip for any fresh Artisan bread.Ingredients:
- ¼ cup dried thyme
- 4 teaspoons sumac
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 teaspoons brown sesame seeds
- Optional: olive oil for dipping with breads
- In a coffee grinder, grind: thyme, sumac, salt and red pepper flakes. Place in a small bowl
- Stir in sesame seeds.
- To serve: I like 1 ½ tablespoon Za’atar mixed with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Serve with fresh Artisan breads to dip in mixture.
Comments: If you don’t like any heat, don’t add the red pepper flakes.
Yields/Servings: Makes 6 tablespoons. Serves four 1 ½ tablespoon servings per person.
How to Store Leftovers: Store in an airtight container for months. (Assumes it has not been mixed with oil).Equipment/Tools Needed:
- Measuring cups: ¼
- Teaspoon measurements: ½ and 1
- Coffee grinder
Estimated total time from start to finish: 5 minutes
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 0 minutes
Food categories: Vegan / Gluten free / Sugar free / Nut Free