GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOTV)- It’s the perfect time of year to head to one of West Michigan’s many u-pick farms to load up on seasonal produce. Here’s a list from around the area of some of our favorites. Comment below or send us a message on social media with the hashtag #wotv4women if you have another great one for us to add to the list. Happy picking!
- Harvey’s U-Pick Farm. Tekonsha, Michigan. You can pick Blueberries in July and August, Green beans in July, and Raspberries in July and September.
- Bosserd Family Farm. Marshall, Michigan. U-Pick tomatoes, raspberries, and strawberries this summer.
- Fox Ridge Farms. Ceresco, Michigan. U-pick fresh red raspberries available, as well as a selection of jams and jellies, and custom woodworking products. A must check out spot for the summer!
- Nottawa Fruit Farm. Centreville, Michigan. Raspberries and Strawberries are available for U-pick.
- Brookside Farms. Also known as “Fritz’s Blueberries in Paw Paw, Michigan. Store has U-pick blueberries, along with a gift shop, snacks and refreshments for a full experience.
- Overhiser Orchards. South Haven, Michigan. For U-pick they offer sweet and sour cherries at the beginning of the season and peaches, plums, and apples as the season goes on.
- Big Dan’s U-Pick em’. Hartford, Michigan. They do not open until late July, but offer U-pick peaches with the prime peach picking time during the 2nd and 3rd week in August.
- Fruit Acres Farm Market and U-pick. Coloma, Michigan. They offer sweet cherries, sour pie cherries, plums, apricots, apples and peaches. Their specialty crop however are peaches that are sold beginning Mid-July.
- Sparks Blueberry Farm. South Haven, Michigan. Get farm fresh blueberries and pick the ones you choose for only $1.50 a pound this year. Open from 8 am until 7 pm every day of the week until the berries run out!
- Post Farms. Rockford, Michigan. U-Pick is available for raspberries, blueberries, and flowers.
- Krupp Farms. Comstock Park, Michigan. As for picking, raspberries are now in season and ready to be picked!
- DeLange’s Redberry Farm. Hudsonville, Michigan. U-pick raspberries and strawberries available during summer when berries are at the peak of freshness and flavor.
- Ed Dunneback and Girls Farm. Grand Rapids, Michigan. This summer they are offering sweet and tart cherries, and strawberries while in season.
- Robinette’s Apple Haus and Winery. Grand Rapids, Michigan. Cherries are still available for U-Pick on Tuesdays from 8am-5pm, until their fall products are in season.
- Steffens Orchard and Market. Sparta, Michigan. Sweet cherries are now in season and available for U-Pick, as well as apple in the fall.
- Fruit Ridge Farm Market. Sparta, Michigan. U-Pick is available for Sweet cherries, red raspberries, and blueberries.
- Heritage Blueberries. Sparta, Michigan. Chemical free, grass rows, shaded tents and free water bottles? What more could you ask for a perfect place to U-pick blueberries.
- S. Kamphuis Blueberries. Holland, Michigan. A clean and family-friendly farm has been around for four generations of growing and marketing blueberries. Blueberries are at their peak of flavor mid-July through mid-August. They offer three different types of u-pick blueberries: Blue crop that are medium to large size and are the best all-around berry, Blueray that are large and plump berries, and Jersey that are small and sweet!
- Crane Orchards. Fennville, Michigan. They will be offering 10 types of peaches in early August, and 20 types of apples starting Labor Day weekend. Aside from picking your delicious produce, you can enjoy the Cow Train, hay rides, or a corn maze.
- Visser Farms. Holland, Michigan. At Visser Farms the U-Pick Berry Shack is open for the season. Come pick and enjoy fresh strawberries in an environment where the farm is deeply cared for and clean.
- Gold Barn Blueberries. Holland, Michigan. Come pick and enjoy 12 different varieties of blueberries July through August. They even offer blueberries that are recommended for excellent baking.
- Dee’s Lakeshore Farm. Fennville, Michigan. Offers u-pick raspberries and blueberries, and well as homegrown peaches, sweet cherries, apples, plums, apricots, sweet corn, tomatoes, and squash. For over 40 years they have been farming and providing top-notch service to their customers.
- Pleasant Hill Farms. Fennville, Michigan. This u-pick farm is certified for their organically grown blueberries. U-pick is available only by appointment from middle of July to early August, but the experience is totally worth it. You must bring your own containers, and call or email for an appointment.