24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich.(WOOD) -- Three West Michigan high school hockey teams hit the ice Saturday hoping to win regional finals.
Grand Rapids Catholic Central took on Forest Hills Northern/Eastern at Patterson Ice Arena in Grand Rapids and got off to an early 2-0 lead. However, the Red Birds were ready with a big answer, scoring six unanswered goals to come out with a regional championship and a 6-2 win.
In Division 1 hockey, Rockford took on Traverse City West at Ferris State University. Despite a valiant effort, Rockford was unable to muster enough goals and lost 6-3.
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 2 shot during South Florida high school football game
- Kalamazoo man shot after vehicle stolen at gunpoint
- Crash in SB US-131 construction zone cleared
- 1 injured in Battle Creek shooting