GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The Grand Rapids Griffins came away with a victory in the first home game of the season Friday night.
Filip Zadina scored two goals in his home debut to lead Grand Rapids to a 6-3 win over Hershey.
Grand Rapids dominated the first period with three goals and took a 3-1 lead. Both teams would score two goals in the second to make the score 5-3.
The Griffins stopped Hershey’s scoring from there, and a goal from Dominic Turgeon iced the game in the third period.
**Watch highlights from the game in the above video.**
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Victim on fire crews: 'If it wasn't for them, we'd be dead'
- Shelter for homeless young adults opens in GR
- 3 injured in overnight stabbing in Grand Rapids
- Footprints in the snow lead GR police to burglary suspects