GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The Grand Rapids Griffins came away with a victory in the first home game of the season Friday night.
Filip Zadina scored two goals in his home debut to lead Grand Rapids to a 6-3 win over Hershey.
Grand Rapids dominated the first period with three goals and took a 3-1 lead. Both teams would score two goals in the second to make the score 5-3.
The Griffins stopped Hershey’s scoring from there, and a goal from Dominic Turgeon iced the game in the third period.
**Watch highlights from the game in the above video.**
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Boy turned away from camp files civil rights complaint
- Walker family grateful for free CO detector program
- Lake-effect snow and more Arctic air on the way
- Soldier from SW MI killed in crash in NM