GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — High school football playoffs continued Friday evening as teams vied for district titles.
Here are the final scores:
- Rockford beats Grandville 34-28 in triple OT.
- Mona Shores defeats Caledonia 43-35.
- East Grand Rapids beats Thornapple-Kellogg 41-17.
- Grand Rapids South Christian beats Hamilton 56-14.
- Forest Hills Eastern beats Whitehall 41-13.
- East Lansing defeats Portage Northern 42-14.
- Edwardsburg beats Paw Paw 43-0.
- Muskegon Oakridge defeats Tri-County 50-12.
- Williamston defeats Battle Creek Pennfield 28-12.
- Montague beats Muskegon Catholic Central 36-7.
- Constantine defeats Buchanan 55-28.
- Schoolcraft defeats Lawton 42-7.
- Carson City-Crystal beats Fowler 21-2.
- Centreville beats Reading 32-14.
More scores can be found here.
Because we’re in the playoffs, there will be more games and more of the Frenzy on Saturday:
- Muskegon vs. Marquette (1 p.m.)
- St. Joseph vs. Stevensville Lakeshore (7 p.m.)
The matchups between Grand Rapids Catholic Central and Portland and between Pewamo-Westphalia at Ithaca were canceled due to COVID-19 cases. With Portland and P-W forfeiting, Catholic Central and Ithaca advance. There have been COVID-19 cancellations every week this season.
The Michigan High School Athletic Association confirmed Friday that 11-player state championships will be held the weekend of Dec. 4 and 5 at Ford Field in Detroit. While that’s usually where they are held, it was up in the air this year because of the pandemic.
Eight-player finals will be at Midland Community Stadium Nov. 27 and 28.