“One School at a Time”
SpartanNash Company Grant
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS GRANT CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS GRANT CONTEST IS OPEN TO K-12 PUBLIC OR NONPROFIT PRIVATE SCHOOLS, CHARTER SCHOOLS COMMUNITY/JUNIOR COLLEGES, STATE/PRIVATE COLLEGES OR UNIVERSITIES OF KENT, OTTAWA, ALLEGAN, VAN BUREN, KALAMAZOO, CALHOUN, BARRY AND EATON COUNTIES, MICHIGAN. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. CONTEST IS SUBJECT TO ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
By submitting an entry in this contest and/or accepting a grant awarded herein, you fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by and accept these Rules and the decisions of Sponsor (including, without limitation, decisions regarding eligibility of entries, the selection of participants and winner(s), and the awarding of grants), which are final and binding in all respects. The individual providing application materials represents and warrants that they have the authority to act on behalf of the Entrant.
This Contest shall be effective on or about 12:00:01 ET am on May 8, 2023, and ends on or about 11:59:59 ET May 4, 2024.
By submitting an Entry to this Contest, Entrant agrees that, if chosen as a grant recipient, it will participate in mutually agreed upon public announcements which may include videos, photography, on-air interviews, and other public appearances.
K-12 public or nonprofit/private schools, charter schools, community/junior colleges, state/private colleges or universities in Kent, Ottawa, Allegan, Van Buren, Kalamazoo, Calhoun, Barry and Eaton Counties in Michigan who do not currently receive financial support from Sponsor (“Entrants”).
3. Entry Instructions
For each calendar year during the Term, Entries must be submitted in electronic form at https://www.woodtv.com/community/partners/family-fare/one-school-at-a-time/.
|Entry Deadline||Judging Date||Award|
|May 31, 2023||June 9, 2023||$1,000|
|June 30, 2023||July 7, 2023||$1,000|
|July 31, 2023||August 4, 2023||$1,000|
|August 31, 2023||September 8, 2023||$1,000|
|September 30, 203||October 6, 2023||$1,000|
|October 31, 2023||November 10, 2023||$1,000|
|November 30, 2023||December 8, 2023||$1,000|
|December 31, 2023||January 5, 2024||$1,000|
|January 31, 2024||February 2, 2024||$1,000|
|February 28, 2024||March 8, 2024||$1,000|
|March 31, 2024||April 5, 2024||$1,000|
|April 30, 2024||May 10, 2024||$1,000|
Entries from previous periods will roll over to subsequent periods during the contest.
To enter the contest, each Entrant must submit the following information in the electronic form during the submission period answering the following prompts in detail:
- How the Entrant plans to use the grant;
- The strategy and timeline of implementation of such use;
- How the use will impact the community; and
- How the use will impact the recipient school.
Limit: One (1) entry per school year per project
Submission materials must not include material that: (i) defames any individual or entity; (ii) invades the privacy or misappropriates publicity rights of any third party; (iii) infringes the copyright of any third party or is otherwise unlawful or infringing; (iv) includes any intellectual property of third parties; (v) is obscene or offensive, or endorses any form of hate or hate group; (vi) depicts or be in violation of any law or (vii) is harmful to users of the site or could adversely impact the contest, site, other entrants.
4. Technical Requirements
No hard copy submissions will be accepted.
Revised/new drafts, substitutions or corrected pages will not be accepted after initial submission. Sponsor will not be responsible for submission materials that are incomplete, lost, unintelligible, misdirected, or damaged while in transit.
Entry must conform to the following Requirements:
- Entry may not include any intellectual property of third parties, including copyrighted material or third-party trademarks (except as provided herein);
- Entry cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, without permission;
- Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
- Entry cannot promote illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message (in the sole opinion of the Sponsor);
- Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
- Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
- Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
- Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
Entry must be suitable for broadcast at Sponsor’s sole discretion. By submitting an entry, Entrant warrants and represents that such entry is his/her original creation (a modification of an existing work does not qualify as original), Entrant is the sole copyright owner of the entry, that the entry is true and verifiable, that the entry has not been previously broadcast, submitted to or entered in any contest or won any awards, and that his/her entry does not violate any law, regulation or any right of any third-party, including, without limitation, the publicity, intellectual property or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary right.
Entrant must specify if it currently receives financial support from the Sponsor.
5. Judging Criteria
Entries will be judged by a panel of independent qualified judges.
Judges will use these criteria: (i) Creativity of proposed use of grant (25%) (ii) Implementation Strategy and Timeline (25%); (iii) Community Impact (25%) and (iv) School Impact (25%). In the event of a tie by the judges, the entries involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional judge who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied entries according to the criteria listed above.
The grant is awarded based on judging criteria to one (1) Entrant per month in the amount of $1,000 and is a one-time grant. During the contest term, there will be twelve (12) entry periods and twelve (12) awards and $12,000. Each grant may only be used for the purpose outlined in the Entry. The award cannot be substituted, shared, assigned, transferred, or exchanged.
Winning entries are limited to two (2) per school district and four (4) per county. Winner is solely responsible for any federal, state, and/or local taxes that may become due as a result of Winner’s receipt of the award and other compensation received during the contest (e.g., Scene Budget, etc.) if applicable.
7. Notification of Winners
Potential winning Entrants will be notified via email. Potential winning recipients must accept grant within fourteen (14) days of such notification being sent by Sponsor. Potential winning recipients must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability/publicity release, and any other releases required by Sponsor and where not prohibited by applicable law, within ten (10) days of date of issuance specified in the notice.
To request the names of grant award winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Marketing – Attention: Joey Jordan
850 76th Street SW
Byron Center, MI, 49315
8. License/Use of Entries
By submitting or appearing in an entry, Entrant hereby grants to Sponsor a royalty free and fully paid up, irrevocable, worldwide perpetual license to edit, publish, use, adapt, exploit, and modify any entry (and all elements embodied therein), including, without limitation the images, names, likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, online, in print, film, television, or in any other media now known or hereafter devised, without compensation, notification or permission from Entrant, anyone appearing in the entry, or any third party and display the entry on Sponsor’s website, and third party websites and otherwise use the entry in accordance with these Official Rules, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised.
By submitting an entry, Entrant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor may obtain many submissions under this grant contest and that such entries may be similar or identical in theme, idea, format or other respects to others submitted under this contest and/or other contests staged and/or sponsored by the Sponsor, or to other ideas conceived by or provided to Sponsor and Entrant waives any and all claims Entrant may have had, may have, and/or may have in the future, that any entry and/or other works accepted, reviewed and/or used by the Sponsor (or their designees) may be similar to his/her entry. Except where prohibited by law, each Entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not have now, nor shall it have in the future, any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of any copyright in and to Entrant’s entry. Entrant agrees that entry may be posted on Sponsor websites. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by third parties. Released Parties do not guarantee the posting of any entry. Entrants agree that they will not use the entry for any other purpose, including, without limitation, posting the entry to any online social networks, without the express consent of the Sponsor in each instance. Any entry that does not comply with these requirements, in the opinion of the judges or the Sponsor, may be disqualified.
By submitting an entry, Entrant agrees that his/her submission is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place Sponsor under any obligation; that Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to Entrant and/or anyone depicted in the entry. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the contest entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the entry Period, to request that any Entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the contest entry requirements prior to any judging period.
10. General Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to participate in the contest, which is subject to these Rules and all federal, state and local laws, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if viruses, bugs, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical difficulties or failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
- By participating in the Contest, you release Sponsor and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates and the officers, directors, employees and agents of each (“Released Parties”) from any and all liability of any kind for any loss, harm, damage, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in this Contest and/or the acceptance, use or misuse of any award, and grant permission to Sponsor to use your name, street address, city, and state for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in all media without additional compensation or notice wherever lawful. All federal, state and local taxes and fees, if any, and any other expenses on the receipt and use of any award, are solely the recipient’s responsibility.
- Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information or late, lost, stolen, unintelligible, illegible, damaged, mutilated, altered, incomplete, or misdirected entries or entries received through impermissible or illegitimate channels, all of which will be disqualified; (b) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any telephone, wireless, mobile, texting or computer online systems, networks or lines, telephone, wireless, mobile, texting or computer equipment, website, server provider, network, hardware or software; (c) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any website or service, including, without limitation, telephone, wireless, mobile, texting or computerized service; (d) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (e) printing, typographical, electronic or human errors which may occur in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer or wireless device, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest, or from viewing, playing or downloading any material from Sponsor’s or its third party vendor website(s), regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsor or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to Sponsor’s websites by a hypertext link.
- You agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with this Contest, or any awards awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and any judicial proceeding shall take place in a federal or state court within Kent County, Michigan, (2) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
- If the Winner engages in (1) criminal conduct; (2) behavior (or makes statements), including, without limitation, on social media platforms that is obnoxious, inappropriate, threatening, or illegal, or which shocks, insults or offends a substantial portion of the community or reflects unfavorably on Winner and Sponsors in a significant and material way; (3) behavior that is intended to abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, Producer reserves the right to terminate Entrant’s right to receive the award. In either case, Sponsor will determine in Sponsors’ sole discretion whether to award the award to the Entrant in second place, or another alternate if such second-place winner is disqualified.
- Consent to use Name and Likeness: Except where legally prohibited, each Entrant grants permission to, Sponsor, and their respective agents, representatives, and designees to use Entrant’s name, address, photograph, voice, likeness, and award information for advertising, promotional or other purposes in all forms of media, now known or developed later, worldwide, without further compensation, notice or permission.