The best mattress deals you can shop right now
A mattress is an important purchase. After all, you spend roughly eight hours a night sleeping on it, so it’s worth getting a good one. If you want to score a bargain, now is the time to be on the lookout for Black Friday mattress deals.
Black Friday is one of the biggest shopping events of the year, with deals going all weekend, through to Cyber Monday. BestReviews tests and researches countless products to help you make smart buying decisions; some of our favorite mattress deals include the Casper Sleep Wave Hybrid Memory Foam Mattress and the Leesa Studio Mattress, both of which were big hits with the BestReviews Testing Lab.
Last updated on Nov. 27, 2023, at 12:02 a.m. PT.
Amazon mattress deals
Amazon is well-known for its impressive Black Friday sales, so it’s a great place to look for a mattress. It has a wide selection of innerspring mattresses, memory foam mattresses and more.
As a hybrid mattress, this offers the best of innerspring mattresses and foam mattresses. The base layer is made from coils for spring and support. The top layers are made from comfortable memory foam and breathable latex foam for a plush feeling without too much heat.
This hybrid mattress combines a coil base with upper foam layers to bring you a medium-firm mattress that offers ample support while still feeling comfortable. It has a layer of cooling gel foam, which is great for people who tend to sleep hot.
Other Amazon mattress deals worth checking out
- The Zinus Cooling Foam Queen Mattress is comfortable and offers decent support, all at an affordable price. 33% OFF
- If you’re looking for an affordable innerspring mattress, the Zinus 10-Inch Euro Top Spring Mattress does the trick. 26% OFF
- Not only does the Novilla Gel Memory Foam Mattress relieve pressure points, but it feels cool to sleep on. 28% OFF
- There’s an impressive discount on the Olee Sleep Gel Memory Foam Queen Mattress. 43% OFF
Walmart mattress deals
Walmart Black Friday mattress deals are often impressive. There’s a wide selection of mattresses at great prices available now.
Anyone looking for a memory foam mattress at a bargain price should consider this one. It’s 8 inches deep with 6 inches of supportive base foam and 2 inches of plush-feeling memory foam to contour to the body and relieve pressure points.
As a hybrid mattress, the Behost contains a support layer of coils — like in an innerspring mattress — with upper foam layers. It gives you the pressure relief you might expect from a memory foam mattress, with the bounce and support of an innerspring. It contains gel-infused beads to help regulate body temperature while you sleep.
Other Walmart mattress deals worth checking out
- The Zinus 8-Inch Quilted Hybrid Mattress combines an innerspring base layer with a comfortable foam top layer. 21% OFF
- Made from a cooling gel memory foam, the Mlily Ego Black 12-Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress is great for hot sleepers. 39% OFF
- The Madinog 10-Inch Hybrid Mattress has cooling properties, which is good news if you often feel too hot at night. 37% OFF
- We appreciate the multiple layers of comfortable and supportive foam on the Dream Serenity Eco-Style Premium Selection 10-Inch Memory Foam Mattress. 63% OFF
- The Zinus Spa Sensations Serenity 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress is great at relieving pressure points for a more comfortable sleep. 21% OFF
Best Buy mattress deals
Best Buy might be known for its electronics, but it also sells mattresses. The selection might not be as large as some retailers, but you can still grab a bargain on Black Friday and the period leading up to it.
The firm feel of this mattress makes it a good choice for back sleepers and stomach sleepers. It’s made from two layers of foam that adapt to the body and help relieve pressure points. The open-cell foam is breathable, so it’s a good choice for people who sleep hot.
This hybrid is great for anyone who likes the pressure relief and signature feeling of memory foam but doesn’t like to feel like they’re sinking in. The firm support from coils puts an end to that sinking feeling, but you still get the benefits of a foam layer. Since the foam is gel-infused, it’s also good for people who find standard memory foam too hot.
Other Best Buy mattress deals worth checking out
- The Serta Sheepless Nights 9-Inch Medium Foam Mattress features cool, comfortable gel memory foam. 15% OFF
- The Linenspa Essentials 8-Inch Hybrid Bonnell Mattress is an affordable hybrid with a firm feel. 28% OFF
Wayfair mattress deals
If you’re searching for Black Friday mattress deals, Wayfair should be on your list of retailers to consider. There are bargains to be had on a range of mattresses you might not find elsewhere, including Wayfair’s own brand.
With hybrid construction and medium firmness, this is a versatile choice to suit a range of preferences and sleeping styles. The gel memory foam layer is not only comfortable and pressure-relieving, but it has cooling properties, so it’s good for people who tend to feel too hot on regular foam mattresses.
You can get this high-end memory foam mattress with a hefty Black Friday discount. It offers medium support but feels super plush. Since it’s gel-infused, it helps disperse heat at night, unlike standard memory foam. We like that it’s compatible with adjustable beds.
Other Wayfair mattress deals worth checking out
- If you’re looking for something comfortable and supportive, consider the Molblly Gel Memory Foam Mattress. 22% OFF
- We appreciate the edge support on The Twillery Co. Meacham 8-Inch Medium Mattress. 64% OFF
- Zinus Bliss Medium Memory Foam Mattress is breathable with a cooling Tencel cover. 15% OFF
Memory foam mattress deals
Memory foam mattresses offer a great balance of comfort and support, often with a plusher feeling than innerspring mattresses. They’re great for anyone who suffers from aching joints from mattress pressure points.
We like the 14-inch depth of this mattress, as it looks high-end and feels like something you want to sink into at night, even if it might be a little deep for some fitted sheets. It’s made using a copper gel aerofusion memory foam layer, which increases airflow and disperses heat, so it’s great for hot sleepers. It’s designed to regulate both moisture and odor.
Other memory foam mattress deals worth checking out
- The Nectar Queen Mattress is made with a cooling gel memory foam. 27% OFF
- The Sleep Innovations Shiloh 12-Inch Memory Foam Mattress is made in the USA and offers medium-firm support. 30% OFF
- You can choose from firm, medium and plush options with the Lucid 10-Inch Memory Foam Twin Mattress. 22% OFF
As the name suggests, this kind of mattress comes rolled up neatly in a box. It saves on delivery costs without sacrificing quality, as foam is able to compress tightly but spring back to life when removed from its packaging.
Casper is one of the best-known mattress-in-a-box manufacturers. Most of its offerings are memory foam, but this one is a hybrid with comfortable memory foam and cooling gel foam on top of a supportive layer of springs. We tested it and found it comfortable and supportive, and it didn’t make us feel too hot at night.
Thanks to both an airflow channel and the use of cooling gel foam, this memory foam mattress is a great choice for hot sleepers. It offers medium-firm support but is excellent at relieving pressure points, so it works well for all kinds of sleepers: front, side and stomach.
Other mattress-in-a-box deals worth checking out
- The Helix Twilight Luxe Mattress was another of our favorites during testing; we loved the firm support and plush feeling. 25% OFF
- The Tuft & Needle Kin 10-Inch Adaptive Foam Mattress is a high-end mattress-in-a-box that comes with a 100-night sleep trial. 15% OFF
Who has the best mattress deals on Black Friday?
If you’re looking for a bed-in-a-box mattress, you may find the best deals direct from the manufacturer. Otherwise, Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy and Wayfair all offer similar Black Friday mattress deals.
How often should you replace your mattress?
Generally speaking, you should replace your mattress once every seven to 10 years. However, if you notice your mattress sagging, becoming less supportive or poking you with springs even sooner than that, it’s a sign you need an upgrade.
How to choose the best mattress for you
- Consider mattress types. Foam, innerspring and hybrid are the most common. You may already have a preference, but if not, it’s a good idea to try some mattresses in person, even if you ultimately buy one online.
- Think about firmness. Mattress firmness ranges from extra-soft to extra-firm. Firmer mattresses are generally more supportive, but some people find them uncomfortable.
- Look at the size. If you already have a bed frame and aren’t looking to replace it, then choosing a mattress size is easy. Otherwise, think about the dimensions of the room and whether the mattress will sleep one or two.
- Check out the trial period. Some mattress manufacturers offer trials of up to 100 nights to give you a good idea of whether you like the mattress before fully committing.
- Natural materials are an option. If you’re looking for a mattress made from natural materials, consider a latex foam mattress.
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Lauren Corona writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2023 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.