KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — A precautionary boil water advisory was issued for part of Kalamazoo Sunday following repairs to a water main break.
The affected area includes a two-block portion of Homecrest Avenue between Pasadena and Cameron streets, except the southwest corner of Homecrest and Cameron.
Water main breaks cause a drop in water pressure that can allow bacteria to enter the system, which is why the advisory was issued as a precaution. There have not been any tests showing bacteria in the water main at the location of the repair, according to a release.
Tests will be conducted to confirm the water is safe, and the city expects the advisory will be lifted by Wednesday.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Emotional farewell for maverick Kzoo commissioner
- ALS hits MI hard, patients push for awareness
- Fire damages home in Ionia County
- Rockford mourns Columbine survivor's death