SOUTH HAVEN, Mich. (WOOD) — Two men are dead, including the shooter, and a woman is in critical condition following a shooting on the South Pier in South Haven. Police say the shooting was random.

The two victims were married, officials say.

The South Haven Police Department has identified the shooter as Aidan Ingalls, a 19-year-old from Bangor.

Multiple sources tell News 8 Ingalls was the Paw Paw student who planned an attack on his high school in March 2018. He was 15 at the time.

Authorities at the time said had created a detailed plan to shoot and kill classmates and others at the school. Authorities said he stole shotguns from his grandfather and sawed them off so they could be concealed. They say he also gathered ammunition and materials to make bombs and Molotov cocktails.

Ingalls pleaded guilty to several charges and in June 2018 he was sentenced to inpatient treatment.

The shooting happened around 2:15 p.m. Friday, the South Haven Police Department said in a release.

Police say one of the victims and the shooter died. A second victim — the first victim’s wife — was rushed to the hospital where she is in critical condition, SHPD Chief Natalie Thompson said.

Officials are not yet releasing their names out of respect for the victim’s family, SHPD said.

A Jet Ski near the pier was also hit by a bullet, Thompson said, but the person on the Jet Ski was not injured.

Thompson said the shooter shot and killed himself.

A News 8 camera over South Beach shows that as the situation was unfolding, people fled the pier and some on the beach hid behind flood barriers.

SPHD said the shooting was random, and there is no known relationship between Ingalls and the victims.

“It is rare overall to have random acts of violence and it is very unsettling,” Thompson said. “Very unusual for our area.”

Thompson confirmed to News 8 that there is no longer an active threat.

Police have found the shooter’s vehicle and two guns, a 9mm handgun and a pellet gun, Thompson said. SHPD said at least a dozen casings were found.

It is not yet known how many shots were fired.

Police closed off parts of the beach as they investigated, including the Black River Channel, which was closed as dive teams looked for evidence in the water.

Anyone with information is asked to call the SHPD at 269.637.5151.