SOUTH HAVEN TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A boil water advisory issued for a South Haven Township street has been lifted.
The advisory was issued for the 2000 block of M-43 near 12th Avenue on Sunday due to a water main break. Water main breaks cause a drop in pressure, which can allow bacteria to enter the system. The boil water advisory was precautionary.
The advisory has now been lifted, the city of South Haven said in a Tuesday release.
“Appropriate corrective measures have been taken, and follow-up sampling has confirmed no coliform bacteria in the water supply,” the city said in the release.