COMSTOCK PARK, Mich. (WOOD) – The top eight finalists in the Whitecaps seventh annual food contest have been announced.
Last month, fans were asked to submit food ideas to be featured on the Fifth Third Ballpark’s menu this season. The list was narrowed down to eight choices from hundreds of ideas by fans and the Gordon Food Service test kitchen.
Fans will be able to vote for their favorite item starting Wednesday. Voting ends March 4 at 5 p.m. The winner will be announced later in March and will be put on the menu this season.
Below is a complete list of the eight food contest finalists:
- The High Five Burger: 1/3-pound burger topped with onion rings, mozzarella sticks, French fries and Founders Dirty Bastard Ground Mustard
- Deep Fried Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Pie: Deep fried Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pie on a stick
- Franky Ears: Corn on the cob wrapped in bacon
- Dutch Love: Pita wrap filled with turkey pot roast, French fries, turkey gravy and cheese curds
- Alaskan Chili: A scoop of hot chili and cheese over a Klondike Bar
- Plato-nut: Gyro ingredients inside of a glazed doughnut
- Nut So Healthy Bar: Two deep fried, chewy granola bars covered in chocolate
- Shellfish Tendencies: Creamy lobster salad on a four-inch sweet waffle
Past winners include the Declaration of Indigestion (hot dog covered in a Philly cheese steak), Baco (a taco shell made of bacon), the Auger Dogger (a potato spiraled around a hot dog) and last year’s winner, the Hot-to-Tot (a combination of tater tots, buffalo chicken, hot sauce and bleu cheese).
The Whitecaps’ home opener is Saturday, April 9, against the South Bend Cubs at 4 p.m.
Season, group and individual game tickets are now on sale and can be purchased by visiting www.whitecapsbaseball.com, calling the Whitecaps front office at 616.784.4131, or in person at Fifth Third Ballpark which is open Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.