WALKER, Mich. (WOOD) — Authorities say an electrical overload involving a meat smoker may have sparked the Thanksgiving Day fire that gutted a garage in Walker.

Three people escaped the fire, which started just before 10 a.m. Thursday at a home in the 3600 block of Grand Bluffs Court SW, just north of Millennium Park.

“They heard some type of pop (and) went outside,” said Walker Fire Department Battalion Chief Don Munn. “When they did, the garage was full of smoke. And then within a matter of a minute or so, the flames were visible.”

By the time firefighters arrived, the garage was fully involved, according to a Kent County dispatcher.>>Photos: Thanksgiving Day fire guts garage in Walker

The flames also destroyed four vehicles and led to smoke and water damage to the home.

Crews from Wright, Tallmadge and Allendale townships assisted the Walker Fire Department during the fire.