BERTRAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A woman was killed in a crash in Berrien County on Friday.
It happened around 11:39 a.m. Friday on US-12 at the end of the off-ramp to southbound US-31 in Bertrand Township, near Niles.
A pickup truck was going west on US-12 when it hit a car leaving the off-ramp, causing both vehicles to go into the median.
The driver of the car, 24-year-old An-na Nim, was killed in the crash. Kim finished an internship at the Grand Rapids Symphony two weeks ago.
In a statement, Senior Manager of Volunteer Services Nancy Hopkins said, "she struck me as a very strong young woman who had faced some challenges at a young age, and she succeeded in these things all on her own."
Authorities say investigators believe Kim may have pulled out into the path of the pickup truck. Alcohol and drugs aren’t believed to be a factor in the incident.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- A holiday tradition on stage in Grand Rapids
- Don't live with back and neck pain this holiday season
- Bekins – big efforts to go green
- Santa is coming to Samaritas Senior Living Community