Police: Man dead following fire at Bangor apt. building

Southwest Michigan

Emergency responders at the Eastbrook Senior Apartments in Bangor on March 5, 2021.

BANGOR Mich. (WOOD) — A man died after a small fire broke out in his apartment in Bangor, police say.

The fire sparked around 4 p.m. Friday at the Eastbrook Senior Apartments at 301 Cemetery Rd. in the city about 10 miles southeast of South Haven. Neighbors spotted the smoke and called 911.

Authorities say the fire was in the living room near oxygen equipment.

The man, a 59-year-old whose name wasn’t immediately released, was taken to a hospital in South Haven, where he was pronounced dead.

The fire is still under investigation.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Stories On WOODTV.com

Know something newsworthy? Report It!

News 8 Links