STURGIS, Mich. (WOOD) — Sturgis Hospital has fired its CEO.
The hospital board terminated Rob LaBarge's employment at its Monday night meeting.
Board chair John Mayer has taken over as acting CEO. He is not being paid for that role.
Late last year, the hospital announced massive cuts, saying it would close its child birth and oncology departments and lay off 60 people. LaBarge said the cuts were long overdue and necessary to keep the hospital afloat.
It's not clear if his termination is connected to the cuts.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- The Cheesecake Factory expected to open at Woodland Mall
- Family: Hope, possibilities also come with Down syndrome
- Court: No negligence by MI college after student kills man
- After mosque attacks, New Zealand bans 'military-style' guns