POKAGON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Three people were injured after a rollover crash on M-51 in Pokagon Township Friday afternoon.
It happened around 4:51 p.m. on the 58000 block of M-51 South, south of Dowagiac in Cass County.
Cass County Sheriff's Deputies say the vehicle was going north on M-51 when the driver tried to pass a vehicle on the right side of the highway.
Sparks lost control of the vehicle, it then slid sideways, rolling, and finally landing on its roof on top of a small tree on the side of the road.
Authorities say the driver initially left the scene of the accident, but was later found and transported to Borgess Lee Memorial Hospital for his injuries.
Deputies say alcohol is not believed to be a factor in the crash, and seatbelts were worn during the time of the crash.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Victim on fire crews: 'If it wasn't for them, we'd be dead'
- Shelter for homeless young adults opens in GR
- 3 injured in overnight stabbing in Grand Rapids
- Footprints in the snow lead GR police to burglary suspects