Minor injuries in Allendale Twp. apt. fire

Ottawa County
generic fire truck_1520649929779.jpg.jpg

ALLENDALE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Authorities say a small fire at an apartment in Allendale was caused by someone using a butane torch.

The fire broke out around 6:20 p.m. Thursday at Copper Beech Townhomes on 48th Avenue south of Pierce Street.

The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office says someone in an apartment accidentally sparked the fire while using the torch.

The flames were contained to the apartment where the fire started. No other apartments were damaged.

The person who started the fire sustained minor injuries.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Know something newsworthy? Report It!

24 Hour News 8 Links