ZEELAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A driver was injured after a head-on crash near Zeeland Sunday night.
It happened shortly after 9:30 p.m. Sunday at the intersection of Byron Road and Black Brook Drive in Zeeland Township, near I-196.
The Ottawa County Sheriff’s Office said the driver, a 23-year-old Grand Rapids man, was heading eastbound on Byron Road when he tried to pass a slower vehicle in a no passing zone. When the driver was in the westbound lane, he struck an oncoming vehicle.
The driver was taken to the hospital with a head injury. He is currently listed in stable condition.
He was not wearing a seat belt at the time of the crash, according to the sheriff’s office.
The westbound driver, a 45-year-old Wayland man, was not injured. Deputies said he was wearing his seat belt.
***CORRECTION: An earlier version of this story stated the crash happened on Saturday night. We regret this error, which has since been corrected.***
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- 1 killed, 2 injured in Cass Co. 3-vehicle crash
- Icy weather prompts shutdown of Detroit Metropolitan Airport
- Power restored to 1,300+ near Caledonia
- Dueling Senate bills would end shutdown in different ways