GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — The U.S. Food and Drug Administration in cooperation with Sunshine Mills, Inc. pet food company is expanding its recall of dog food due to potentially elevated levels of Vitamin D, which could make your dog sick.
The recall covers the products listed below:
- 14 LB Evolve Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 28 LB Evolve Chicken & Rice Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 40 LB Sportsman’s Pride Large Breed Puppy Dry Dog Food
- 3.5 LB Triumph Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 16 LB Triumph Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
- 30 LB Triumph Chicken & Rice Recipe Dry Dog Food
Sunshine Mills says consumers who purchased any of the products affected by this recall listed above should dispose of it or return it to the retailer for a full refund.
The products were distributed in retail stores within the United States as well as some export distributors in Japan, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Israel, Canada and South Korea.
Sunshine Mill’s says dogs who have consumed any of the products listed above and are exhibiting any questionable symptoms should contact their veterinarian.
Consumers are asked to contact Sunshine Mills, Inc. customer service at 800.705.2111 from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.