MUSKEGON, (WOOD) — A Muskegon business caught fire early Monday morning.
The Muskegon City Fire Department told 24 Hour News 8 that firefighters responded to a call around 2:45 a.m. for a report of a fire at Port Industrial Finishing on Huizenga Street near E Laketon Avenue and Madison Street.
There were seven people inside the building at the time of the fire, but were able to evacuate safely with no injuries.
The building’s second floor was severely damaged, but authorities say that space is only used for storage.
Firefighters were able to put out the fire after two hours.
The Muskegon City Fire Department is investigating what sparked the fire.