WINFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — Funeral arrangements are set for a 9-month-old baby and her 18-year-old aunt, who were killed in a Montcalm County crash on their way home from church.
Annalee was strapped into her car seat when a pickup truck hit her family’s car from behind, pushing it into the path of another pickup truck on M-46/Howard City-Edmore Road in Winfield Township. A relative said the family was only a mile from their home, preparing to turn onto North Amble Road when it happened.
Samantha’s father said Annalee’s heart valve went to another baby, and Samantha’s organs were also donated through the Gift of Life Program.
“They found a recipient for her heart, they found a possible recipient for her lungs, so we might be going through hard time but other people can live," he told 24 Hour News 8 Tuesday.
Funeral services for Annalee and Samantha will take place Saturday at 11 a.m. at Grace Community Church. Visitation is scheduled for 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Friday and before Saturday’s service.
A family friend has set up a GoFundMe page to support the Baker family.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- With House, Dems eager to bring DeVos under closer oversight
- It's cold: Make sure your car is prepared
- Frigid air, high winds cause dangerous travel conditions
- After 2016 ruling, battles over juvenile lifer cases persist