WATERFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WLNS/WOOD) — Proving the road to the White House runs through Michigan, Vice President Mike Pence returned Thursday for another campaign rally.
Thursday’s rally was in Waterford Township, near Pontiac, at 12:30 p.m.. Afterward, the Vice President will head to Fort Wayne, Ind. for another stop.
Pence focused on the accomplishments of the Trump administration and why Michiganders should give them a second term.
The president’s son, Donald Trump Jr., is also planning to hold a campaign event in Michigan on Thursday. He will be visiting the Upper Peninsula.
Over the last two weeks, Michigan has seen an influx of campaign visits, including:
- President Donald Trump
- Joe Biden, Democratic Presidential Nominee
- Vice President Mike Pence
- Dr. Jill Biden, Former Second Lady
- Doug Emhoff, Kamala Harris’ Husband
- Donald Trump Jr.
- Eric Trump
- Ivanka Trump
- Lara Trump (the president’s daughter-in-law)
- Pete Buttigieg, former Democratic presidential candidate and mayor of South Bend, Ind.
- Magic Johnson
Thursday’s rally also comes ahead of Thursday night’s presidential debate, where President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden will square off for a second time.