SHERIDAN CHARTER TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — First responders had to rescue a woman who was stranded in her vehicle after she drove through a flooded street in Newaygo County on Friday.
It happened around 4:30 p.m. in the 5100 block of W. 80th Street between S. Warner Avenue and S. Luce Avenue, south of Freemont, according to Newaygo County dispatchers.
The woman had to be walked out of the high water on the flooded street, dispatchers said. She was checked out for hypothermia but no other injuries were reported.
Newaygo County officials declared a state of emergency for the county on Friday after heavy rains and melting snow washed out roadways and raised water levels in area lakes and rivers.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Volunteers to pack spring break activity boxes
- US experts: Too soon to pull breast implants tied to cancer
- House vote to stop Trump's border plan unlikely to succeed
- Conor McGregor announces retirement on social media