The Associated Press - LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- A new online tool is providing tips to anglers about quality trout streams and accessible lakes.
The Michigan Department of Natural Resources says its Trout Trails application is a comprehensive map featuring trout waters verified by fisheries biologists. Some are not well-known.
It's not a downloadable app but is compatible with all types of electronic devices.
The first phase features 129 sites in the western Upper Peninsula, the north-central Lower Peninsula and southwestern Lower Peninsula. Additional locations across the state will be added later.
Each of the listed destinations has information on trout species available, regulations, lodging and other topics.
To access the Trout Trails app, visit http://www.michigan.gov/trouttrails.
Reports: 2 dead in small plane crash...
Pilot escapes injury after hot air...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Pilot escapes injury after hot air balloon crash
- Rockford supports girl through liver transplant
- Shooting victim's family: ‘Don't think he deserved this'
- Muskegon hosting sculptures incorporating kayaks