KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — The City of Kalamazoo is helping its residents fight the heat by opening up several fire hydrants throughout the city.
In addition to opening the hydrants, there is a water park located on Florence Street near Burrell Avenue open to the public at the Nicholas Kik Pool at Upjohn Park is open.
Hydrants that will be open during hot weather daily from 1 p.m. to dusk are located at:
- Back end of Interfaith (building 1038) in far northwest corner
- Burrell Avenue and Lawrence Street
- Krom Street and Clay Street
- Washington Avenue and March Street
- Charlotte and Sherwood at Roosevelt Apartments
- Clarence Street and Jackson Street
- Norway and Princeton avenues
- Fairbanks Avenue and Center Street
- Church Street and Norway Avenue
- Elizabeth Street mid-block between Cobb and Westnedge avenues
Those who would like to request a hydrant be opened during warm weather can contact the Kalamazoo Public Services Department at 269.337.8148.