Fire at restaurant in Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo County

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — There was a fire at a Kalamazoo restaurant Friday.

The fire was at Hangar Bar and Grill, located at 4301 West Main St.

A News 8 crew on scene saw fire in the ceiling and roof. Everyone was able to get out of the building, and it was put out quickly.

The Kalamazoo Township Fire Department fire marshal told News 8 it doesn’t seem suspicious.

The fire closed part of West Main Street in Kalamazoo from Turwill Street to Sage Street, but Kalamazoo dispatch said around 5:50 p.m. that it was reopened.

It is not yet known what started the fire.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Stories On WOODTV.com

Know something newsworthy? Report It!