CHARLESTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A man who authorities say repeatedly fired shots into the air was arrested after an hourslong standoff near Galesburg.

It happened in the area of E MN Avenue and 39th Street in Charleston Township. Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller said that at around 8:40 p.m. Monday, a neighbor called 911 to report that a man had fired shots in the direction of the caller’s car.

The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office sent deputies to the scene, Fuller said the shooter wouldn’t talk to them. Over the next several hours, he fired his gun into the air and at a drone overhead, the sheriff said.

Fuller said the drone belonged to Great Lakes Drone Co., a Coloma-based company that the sheriff called a “great partner.” He said the company’s drones allowed deputies to quickly determine that the situation was “contained” to the suspect’s property and that there was no widespread or moving threat.

A News 8 crew on the scene saw armored vehicles, deputies and Michigan State Police blocking off the area. The sheriff said Kalamazoo Metro SWAT also responded. Fire departments were also called in to help with traffic control.

The News 8 crew was told by police to stand back and to turn the lights off on cameras and vehicles. Fuller said that was because “lights become targets,” saying that the shooter may have decided to take aim at them and that they could illuminate deputies’ positions.

Fuller said the suspect caused damage to his own property, including setting a fire, and used multiple weapons. He called the suspect’s actions “very dangerous” and said it was fortunate no one was hurt.

The suspect, a 47-year-old man, was ultimately taken into custody peacefully around 12:30 a.m. Tuesday. He was jailed on “numerous felony charges,” but authorities did not list those charges.

The sheriff noted his department has had previous contact with the suspect.

Arraignment was expected to happen Wednesday, at which point the suspect’s name would be released.

The sheriff thanked all the agencies that responded to the scene, saying his department initially didn’t have very many deputies available.