24 Hour News 8 web staff - OSHTEMO TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) -- A stretch of US-131 just north of Kalamazoo has reopened after concrete buckled across both southbound lanes on Wednesday.
A photo from the scene near mile marker 40 in Oshtemo Township showed a large crack in the roadway and slabs of concrete jutting up several inches.
Crews worked overnight to repair the buckle.
The southbound lanes of the highway after Exit 41 reopened around 7 a.m. in time for rush hour, according to the Michigan Department of Transportation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Pilot escapes injury after hot air balloon crash
- Rockford supports girl through liver transplant
- Shooting victim's family: ‘Don't think he deserved this'
- Muskegon hosting sculptures incorporating kayaks