RICHLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — A Plainwell man was killed in a head-on crash northeast of Kalamazoo.
The Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that 49-year-old Matthew Joel Cooper died in the Wednesday evening crash on N. Sprinkle Road near FG Avenue E in Richland Township.
The sheriff’s office said around 7:40 p.m., Cooper tried to pass another vehicle in a no passing zone and hit an SUV head-on in the southbound lane. Cooper died at the scene.
The driver of the SUV, a 16-year-old boy from Kalamazoo, was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The sheriff’s office says the crash remains under investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Prisoner thought she would die after excessive bleeding
- Judge: GRPD trespassing arrest policy is illegal
- Authorities link 4 cellphone store thefts
- Woman: Meijer pharmacist refused to give miscarriage drug