24 Hour News 8 web staff - GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) -- Grand Rapids police say a man surrendered after an hours-long standoff on the city's northwest side.
Police responded to the 400 block of 8th Street NW around 9:10 p.m. Friday after a man called saying he was armed with a gun and planned to kill himself and his hostages.
Officers surrounded the home and talked to the man, but he went back inside and would not talk to them further. After police tried to talk with him several times over the PA system, he eventually talked with crisis negotiators and admitted he was inside the home alone.
Police say he surrendered without further incident at 12:30 a.m. Saturday.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Netflix's top spokesman fired over use of racial term
- From boat makers to farmers, US-led tariff war inflicts pain
- Milwaukee man found dead in boat at Grand Haven marina
- Vinnie Paul, co-founder, drummer of Pantera, dies at 54