GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — Charities and businesses across West Michigan are turning to the community to pull off Thanksgiving feasts for those in need.
More than a half-dozen groups are coordinating free Thanksgiving meals for people who have no place to go this holiday. Here is how you can help out:
- Broadway Grille, Marshall | Free Thanksgiving Day meal – local delivery or dine-in, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Donation-based, proceeds go to charity | Volunteer by calling 269.781.9200
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Kalamazoo and Urban Alliance of Kalamazoo | Free meal Wednesday at 5 p.m. at 915 Lake Street, Kalamazoo | Donations accepted in person or online
- Degage Ministries |Thanksgiving meal Wednesday at 6 p.m. | Volunteer slots full for Thanksgiving; Christmas store volunteers needed
- Faith Baptist Church in Greenville | Free Thanksgiving Day dinner – starting at 1 p.m. | To donate, call Cathy Barger at 616.676.6168.
- The Fire Hub | Thanksgiving Day meal at 375 Kendall Street, Battle Creek | To volunteer, call 269.753.0065
- God’s Kitchen of Michigan in Kalamazoo | Dinner Nov. 27, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 1000 W. Paterson Street, Kalamazoo | Donate funds
- Green Street United Methodist Church in Hastings | Free Thanksgiving Day meal starting at 1 p.m. | Please call the church office at 269.945.9574 to donate or reserve a seat.
- Holland Rescue Mission | Great Thanksgiving Banquet – Nov. 27, 6 p.m.; doors open at 5:30 p.m.| Donate funds | Donate a dessert | Volunteer wait list
- Lifequest Ministries, 1050 Fisk Road SE, Grand Rapids | Thanksgiving dinner – 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. | To volunteer, call 616.295.8953
- Theo & Stacy’s, 234 W. Michigan Ave., Kalamazoo | Thanksgiving, noon – 2 p.m. | Volunteer slots full
- Mel Trotter Ministries | Thanksgiving Day meal – 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. at DeVos Place, Grand Rapids |Become a sponsor
- Saranac Community Association | Free Thanksgiving Day meal – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Saranac American Legion, 69 N. Bridge St. | Event details
- Sons and Daughters Club | Thanksgiving Day meal – 1 p .m. to 4 p.m. at the Sons and Daughters Club on Hamilton Avenue NW south of Leonard Street in Grand Rapids.
- Stanton American Legion | Free Thanksgiving Day deal from noon to 3 p.m. | Call 989.831.4114 for a reservation or to donate.
If you know of another meal or volunteer opportunity that is not listed, please email ReportIt@woodtv.com with a link and information to confirm the event details.