GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A cross-country effort to help those left homeless by the Camp Fire in California has reached Beer City, USA.
Sierra Nevada Brewing is in Chico, California, just a half-hour away from Paradise, which was destroyed in the devastating Camp Fire.
Sierra Nevada has asked every brewery in America to join them in brewing “Resilience Butte County Proud IPA.”
Founders and Bell’s Brewing are just two of more than 1,000 breweries that have answered that call.
On Giving Tuesday, all these breweries are making this IPA. When it’s ready, 100 percent of the sales will go to the Camp Fire Relief Fund.
Malt, hops and yeast suppliers are also getting in on the giving by donating their supplies to make this beer.
“You feel a little bit helpless when you’re at home watching these videos of people driving their cars through this fire and fighting for their lives,” said Founders Brewmaster Jeremy Kosmicki. “Here we are in Michigan, where we don’t have that problem ever.
“It’s just nice to find a way to contribute and do what we do and make a beer that consumers are going to enjoy drinking and they’re going to feel good about buying this beer. And we feel good about our part in it too.”
Look for Resilience IPA in taprooms in mid-to-late December.
Multiple other Michigan breweries are also taking part in the fundraising effort, including:
- Bell’s Brewery – Kalamazoo
- Bright Eyes Brewing – Kalamazoo
- Beards Brewing – Traverse City
- Blue Tractor BBQ & Brewery – Ann Arbor
- Brown Iron Brewhouse – Washington Township
- City Built Brewing Company – Grand Rapids
- Eastern Market Brewing Company – Detroit
- Final Gravity Brewing Company – Decatur/Kalamazoo
- Haymarket Pub & Brewery – Chicago/Bridgman
- Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales – Dexter/Traverse City/Ann Arbor/Detroit
- Lansing Brewing Company – Lansing
- Old Nation Brewing Company – Williamston
- Rare Bird Brewpub – Traverse City
- River Rouge Brewing Company – Royal Oak
- Saugatuck Brewing – Saugatuck
- Shorts Brewing – Bellaire
- The Mitten Brewing Company – Grand Rapids, Saugatuck/Northport
- Virtue Cider – Fennville