GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. (WOOD) — A boil water advisory has been lifted for a Grand Rapids neighborhood that was issued after a water system valve malfunctioned.
The water is now safe to drink — it is no longer necessary to boil water before drinking it, according to the city. No bacteria was detected in the follow-up testing of the system’s water.
The advisory had been issued Tuesday for about 750 properties in an area bordered by 28th Street, Breton Avenue 32nd Street and Vineland Avenue. The city provided a map:
A valve broke in the area of 28th Street and Birchcrest Drive SE on Tuesday afternoon, the city said. It was soon fixed but it caused a drop in pressure in part of the water system, which could have allow bacteria to enter the system. No bacteria was found.
Anyone with questions can call Grand Rapids at 311.