PLAINFIELD, Mich. (WOOD) — A dog was killed in a house fire in Plainfield Thursday night.
Police say the homeowner arrived at the home in the 3600 block of Miramar N.E. near 4 Mile Road to find it full of smoke around 8:30 p.m.
The homeowner told fire crews there was a dog in a crate downstairs.
Firefighters went into the basement and extinguished a fire next to the dryer. Fire officials say the fire had burned up to the ceiling before running out of oxygen and smoldering for awhile.
A neighbor said they smelled something burning around 4 p.m.
The Plainfield Fire Department found one dead dog and three others that were still alive.
There was about $10,000 worth of damage to the home.