Construction equipment sparks Wayland barn fire

News

WAYLAND, Mich. (WOOD)- Firefighters say a fire that damaged an Allegan County barn started with a piece of construction equipment.

It happened in the 100 block of 131st Avenue in Wayland just before 7:30 a.m. Monday.

Firefighters on the scene told 24 Hour News 8 a Bobcat was charging when it caught fire, which fueled the blaze.

Four fire departments responded. Crews contained the fire to the barn.

Firefighters said a few chickens may have died in the fire but there was “no great loss of animals.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Stories On WOODTV.com

Know something newsworthy? Report It!

News 8 Links