BATTLE CREEK, Mich. (WOOD) — A school officer liaison was injured after a small fire broke out at Battle Creek Central High School Monday morning.

The district says school administrators and staff acted quickly and called emergency responders. Students were dismissed early at 11 a.m. from the high school and BC STEM due to heavy smoke on the second floor.

The fire started in the second-floor men’s bathroom, Battle Creek officials say.

They say the school officer liaison put the fire out. The officer suffered from smoke inhalation.

There were no other injuries reported.

Cleanup and maintenance crews are working to make the building safe and useable as soon as possible.

The fire is believed to be arson, officials say.